· Started excavation for roadway widening
· Removed driveways in preparation for roadway improvements
Work Anticipated to be performed, July 24th to July 28th
· Continue with excavation for roadway widening
· Remove existing asphalt pavement to allow for new pavement to be installed
· Grading the existing roadway prior to paving first layer of asphalt pavement.
Roadway improvements along Queens Road will continue next week. The roadway improvements include pavement widening, removing the existing asphalt pavement, making needed repairs to existing base under the roadway, and new asphalt pavement.
There have been several unforeseen delays over the past weeks, including inclement weather and threat for heavy rains. Due to the work being performed, we were closely watching the forecast to ensure the work could be completed during dry weather as much as possible. Please be assured the Village and contractor are committed to completing the work as quickly as possible.
Thanks again for all your patience and understanding during these delays.